Master Data Management
Master Data is information about the key assets in a business. This is the information that keeps your business processes up and running.
MDM is about:
- Having an enterprise focus on data quality
- Having common business definitions for Master Data
- Ensuring adequate Master Data to support business processes
- Securing business driven Data Governance and accountability for data quality
- Ensuring appropriate maintenance processes around Master Data
- Ensuring integration of Master Data across the system landscape
MDM involves the entire system landscape including all operational and analytical systems where Master Data is used, created, updated or deleted. It also includes the platform for sharing and synchronizing Master Data with trading and collaboration partners.
You can find more information in Platon's Master Data Management brochure